Birmingham 2022 begins search for local people to take on roles as In Venue Hosts and Announcers at the Commonwealth Games
- Birmingham 2022 is recruiting people who live, work or study in Birmingham or the West Midlands to join the Sports Presentation team for the Commonwealth Games.
- Search begins for In Venue Hosts and Announcers to engage with and entertain the crowd in each of the competition venues
- Fantastic paid opportunity for emerging talent to develop new skills, gain valuable experience and be part of a global event
Birmingham 2022 is searching for the sport presenters of the future to be part of the biggest multi-sport event to be staged in the country since the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The organisers of the Games are looking for around 20 talented local people to be In Venue Hosts and Announcers, roles that will involve them engaging with the thousands of spectators expected to fill each of the official competition venues this summer.
Applicants need to be professional, confident, and enthusiastic and they also need to meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 or over
- Live, work or study in Birmingham and/or the West Midlands
- Available for the full duration of the competition and rehearsal days (Birmingham 2022 will be held from 28 July until 8 August)
- Committed to attending training workshops which will be held in late June and early July
You can apply for these roles now by submitting a short audition video. The closing date for applications is 23:59GMT on the 6 March 2022.
Martin Green, Chief Creative Officer for Birmingham 2022, said:
This is another fantastic opportunity for young people to get involved in the Games and for them to be part of a team playing a crucial role in ensuring spectators have a memorable and enjoyable experience in our venues.
We are looking for talented people with a flair for presenting but who so far haven’t had the opportunity to shine, and we’d love to receive applications from people who can connect with an audience and whose passion and enthusiasm is infectious.
The successful applicants will not only be provided with full training and support, but during the Games they will also have the chance to learn from a hugely experienced team, rubbing shoulders with presenting professionals who will be the perfect mentors.