Consortia Developments is continuing its acquisition streak in Birmingham with the purchase of Colmore Place, a residential apartment building in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.
The London-based property development and investment company has acquired the freehold to the Grade II listed building at 36-37 Cox Street from Bricklane REIT plc.
Built in 1920 and formerly used for jewellery manufacturing and later offices, the attractive brick and stone-built building was converted to apartments in 2006.
Consortia Developments, which is redeveloping Lockside House on Scotland Street into 61 canalside homes, and recently acquired Gamgee House, a 17,500 sq ft office building in Ladywood, plans to redevelop the apartments.
Olly Clayton, partner at Consortia Developments, said:
Colmore Place is our second residential investment in Birmingham. It’s a beautiful, historic building that has a lot of potential for redevelopment, within the boundaries of its listed status.
In-keeping with the building’s history and heritage, and that of the surrounding Jewellery Quarter and St Paul’s Square areas, we’re aiming to create a high-end, boutique style residential scheme.
Archie Ward, managing partner at Consortia Developments, added:
With two residential schemes and one recently acquired office building in Ladywood under our belt, we’re continuing to establish a strong foothold in Birmingham’s property market.
It’s an exciting city to be in right now, with its investment potential continuing to get better and better.
Consortia is a privately owned and run property development and investment company with a diversified portfolio spanning residential, retail, commercial, and strategic land holdings.
Based in London, the company has sites in the capital, Birmingham, Bristol, Milton Keynes, Darlington, Hereford and Cork, Ireland. Consortia has delivered more than 250 new homes, with a further 605 in the pipeline.